Creepy Witch's Fingers
- 1 cup (250 mL) butter, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) icing sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) almond extract
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 2-3/4 cups (675 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) whole blanched almonds
- 1 tube (19 g) red decorator gel (blood for fingers)
In bowl, beat together butter, sugar, egg, almond extract and vanilla; beat in flour, baking powder and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Working with one quarter of the dough at a time and keeping remaining dough refrigerated, roll heaping teaspoonful (5 mL) of dough into finger shape for each cookie.
Press almond firmly into 1end for nail. Squeeze in centre to create knuckle shape; using paring knife, make slashes in several places to form knuckle.
Place on lightly greased baking sheets; bake in 325°F (160°C) oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until pale golden. Let cool for 3 minutes. Lift up almond; squeeze red decorator gel onto nail bed
and press almond back into place, so gel oozes out from underneath. Remove from baking sheets; let cool on racks. Repeat with remaining dough. Enjoy !