Cheddar Witch's Fingers Recipe
- 1/4 lb (about 1 c packed) shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsps cornmeal
- 5 tbsps butter
- 3/4 c all-purpose flour
- Kosher salt
- 30 sliced almonds
- 1 large egg
- In a food processor/blender or bowl, cheese, flour, whirl or rub together butter, & cornmeal until the mixture has the texture of wet sand.
- Add egg & whirl or stir with a fork until dough holds together.
- Scrape dough onto a sheet of cooking paper or parchment, 12 to 14 in.
- wide & about 14 in. long.
- Top with another equal-sized sheet of paper & pat dough into a 1/2-in. -thick circle.
- Wrap in plastic & freeze 15 mins, or put in the fridge up to 3 days.
- Roll dough into a rectangle about 8 in. wide & 10 in.long, working carefully to avoid creases in paper.
- Return to freezer for 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, preheat your trusty oven to 350°.
- Peel off top paper & use a sharp knife to cut the dough into 30 strips, each about 1/2 in.
- thick & 5 in. long.
- Place each strip on a large baking sheet.
- Sprinkle top with salt to taste, then use your fingers to round the top of each strip into a fingertip shape.
- Use a sharp knife to score shallow "knuckle" lines in each finger, then press an almond "nail" into the tip.
- If you like, bend each finger in places to make it look knobby.
- Bake the fingers until an even light brown, about 15 mins.
- Transfer to a rack to cool.
- Enjoy the Cheddar Witch's Fingers recipe
The witch finger recipe is ready to serve...great !